Vietnam: Hanoi To Ban Dog Meat From 2021, pet centric, Fight Dog Meat, fightdogmeatVietnam: Hanoi To Ban Dog Meat From 2021

The government of Hanoi have announced plans to prohibit dog and cat meat in the capital city Ha Noi and local urban districts from 2021. The ban will include dog and cat slaughter and consumption. The Government said “It is a negative image for international tourists and foreigners coming to work in Hanoi. It is against the modern civilized capitol.”

Authorities will apply new laws to implement the changes. Hanoi Veterinary Director Dr. Nguyen Ngoc Son said 10 years ago Hanoi was not ready to give up dog meat. “But in the last few years many people, including students and civil servants, have changed their perception and abandoned the habit of eating dog meat,” said Son.

With so many Vietnamese people using social media, local people are realizing the health risks involved in eating dog meat. They’re at high risk for contracting contagious diseases, including fatal illnesses such as rabies and cholera. Also, the high level of protein in dog meat is not good for human health.

 Vietnamese people using social media are see worldwide condemnation against  slaughter and consumption of dogs and cats in the meat trade. Registered charity Fight Dog Meat have been imploring Vietnam for years to implement much needed animal protection laws and end it’s dog and cat meat trade., pet centric, Fight Dog Meat, fightdogmeat

Eating dog and cat meat is like playing Russian roulette with your health. Photo: Vietnam.

Vietnam has more pet dogs and cats than ever before. Local pet owners should not have to live in fear of their loved ‘family member’ being kidnapped for meat. It is not fair to the rapidly growing number of Vietnamese pet lovers living in Vietnam, to have to endure this burden of worry, day in and day out.*

With no animal protection laws in Vietnam, Mr. Son said under Veterinary Law dog and cat slaughter is not regulated in any way. “There are no specific regulations on inspection or supervised  product quality. Slaughtering and trading of dog or cat meat has not been subject to veterinary hygiene inspections, or food safety certificates. This is an issue that authorities will examine.” 

Hanoi has thousands of vendors selling dog and cat meat. Plus hundreds of warehousing dog and cat traders and brutally cruel commercial dog and cat slaughterhouses. A number of dog and cat meat restaurants slaughter on the spot.

On September 10, Hanoi’s People Committee wrote to advise people to prepare to abandon eating dog and cat meat.

The report stated there’s around 500,000 dogs and cats in Hanoi; over 87% kept as pets in the house, the remaining 13% for dog or cat meat. *NOTE: per ratio per population Vietnam has the largest dog meat trade and the largest cat meat trade. With 87% of dogs owned as pets this shows the large amount of loved pets being stolen to supply the demand for dog meat!

Fight Dog Meat is working to try and help local Vietnamese animal lovers to bring in animal protection laws and end the brutal dog and cat meat trade. In conclusion we wish to thank Vietnamese media for tirelessly raising awareness about its dog and cat meat trade and the effects it has on Vietnam’s people and animals.

Thank you for reading,

Michele Brown
Fight Dog Meat.

Fight Dog Meat is a Registered Charity. We work with a number of animal rescue teams living in dog and cat meat countries, including Vietnam. If you would like to help the animals and rescuers we work with, please consider a small donation., pet centric, Fight Dog Meat, fightdogmeat

Fight Dog Meat is a Registered Charity.
Reg No. 16623028795.

Follow us on Facebook: Fight Dog Meat
Follow our Website:
Follow us on You Tube: FDM Campaigns
Follow us on Twitter: @fightdogmeat
Follow us on Instagram: fightdogmeat_dot_com


AUSTRALIA: Legislate To Make It Illegal To Eat Dog Or Cat Meat In Australia

VIETNAM: Stop Dog Meat Abuse

CHINA: Stop Dog Meat Abuse

AFRICA: Evala Dog Eating Festival: Stop Dog Meat Abuse

PHILIPPINES: Stop Dog Meat Abuse

SOUTH KOREA: Stop Dog Meat Abuse

NIGERIA: Stop Dog Meat Abuse

INDONESIA: Stop Dog Meat Abuse

Please visit our sister site:
FACEBOOK: Rescuer’s Heart For Animals
FACEBOOK: Love Animals Club

(Photo not credited to Fight Dog Meat)

Leave a Reply